jueves, 7 de noviembre de 2013

Onda Dance Interview



ONDA DANCE INTERVIEW

CARLO ASTUTI

Os ponemos la entrevista que realizamos hace poco más de un mes al productor y deejay Carlo Astuti con motivo de su último lanzamiento 'Stare Into The Stars'. Confío en que sirva para que conozcáis un poco más a este artista y de paso escuchéis su nuevo single.
 
First of all, thank you so much for giving us the opportunity of having this interview. Wilf has been very kind again.

We want to know something about you, tell us how you started your career (mixing, producing…)? How did you fall in love with EDM and what were your first steps in that world?


My approach with music started at the age of 10 when my grandfather bought me a drumset and we would go play at small parties/weddings. I really loved doing that. When I was 14 I fell in love with House Music and my dad got me a set of turntables and that's how everything started. I would promote and DJ at events for years but I really started producing about 6 years ago.



Stare Into The Stars’ is the name of your last single, what are we going to find on it?

It's a great track. I feel in love with the lyrics Evan Mellows wrote so I decided to make a dance track around that. The track did really well on the charts. It hit the top 20 on Beatport and it was supported by many Djs all over the world.


According to you, what are your main contributions in the studio? As your name is not yet very known in Spain tell us something about your style producing dance music.

I spend most of my time in the studio working on music when I'm not touring. I love my studio and I love experimenting with new ideas and sounds. I do all my production, mixing and mastering in Logic. I used that program since day 1 and I'm really happy with it. I do use many other plugins to come up with cool synths, such as Sylenth and Massive, but I do like many of the Logic effects and compressors. My genre goes from electro to progressive house. I like energetic beats that make people dance.


Your work has been supported amongst the top DJs such as Tiësto, Steve Aoki, Paul Oakenfold or Pete Tong… It hasn’t to be easy get their support and has to be a great honor for you. How do you feel when this happens?

I do feel great and very grateful to have such huge producers supporting my music. I really appreciate that and I feel very blessed for that. I always thank them for spending time listening to my productions.


What do you think about the health of current EDM? Who are for you the most important or relevant DJs at present?

I think EDM is the main music on the globe at the moment. I'm also really happy how EDM took over the USA market so fast in the past 3 years. There are some great producers out there and some great tracks. I would say Tiesto, Thomas Gold, are my big inspiration at the moment.


Talking about Ultra Music Festival, TomorrowWorld, Tomorrowland, Spring Awakening Festival… Are these festivals a good way to share EDM?
  
Yes, for sure! I love big festivals. I love when so many people get together and share all the same passion for EDM music.


Do you like Spanish dance music? What can you tell us or know about this?

Just one word: Ibiza. Spain has the #1 mecca for EDM music. Still very underground for the most part but I love the energy and vibe of the events in Spain. It reminds me of my native country (Italy) :)


Are you currently working as resident DJ in any disco? What style is the most demanded in sessions in the USA?

I'm resident at the #1 hot spot for EDM music in LA called Lure Hollywood. It's been a few months now. I do love that venue. Most crowds love banging electro/prog house hits!! That's what works on the dance floor at the moment.

   
Anything else you want tell us…

Thanks again for this interview and I really hope to see you all in Spain for one of my gigs! Ciao ;)

  
Again, thank you so much for your time and for this interview and thanks to Wilf for setting it up. We hope see you very soon in Spain. Thanks and good luck!

@ondadance

Pic: Carlos Astuti @ CFlow in Lebanon

Y aquí tenéis su nuevo trabajo: Carlo Astuti 'Stare Into The Stars'


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario